Tuesday, August 14, 2007

3 weeks and counting!

Hello all!!
So I thought I should set up something like this so that you all can check up on me at your convenience :) I'll try to post as often as possible on my adventures in Florence: the interesting people I meet, the gorgeous art and architecture I see, and of course, all the amazing food I am eating!
I can't believe that I leave in just under 3 weeks now. It seemed like september would never come! I'm so full of feelings, excitement, fear, sadness, curiosity. I can't keep them all straight! I'm scared to face a world so new and different all on my lonesome. My italian seems impossible rusty, but at the same time, I can hardly keep my feet on the ground as my mind drifts toward all the opportunites that lay before me in Italy.
These past few days have been full of shopping for things I'll need, luggage (#1) clothes, shoes, adapters, currency etc. If anyone has any recommendations for things to bring or travel tips I'd really appreciate you sending them my way! My parents and I are kind of stumbling in the dark as none of us have ever really been to Europe before.
Well, I don't know what else to say now, and time is short, so I'll leave you! I'll be sending all kinds of contact information as soon as it becomes available, I'll be getting Skype and I'll have an Italian address eventually as well :-)

Tutto il mio amore a tutti i miei amici e la mia famiglia,
Ashlee

No comments: